The online application opens on January 23. If you have questions contact email@example.com.
Please note: This position was formerly known as Transfer Student Ambassador (TSA) but has undergone a name change for the 2018 year.
TSLs will assist the OTE professional staff with Transfer Orientation and transfer welcome programs. They will:
- Address questions and concerns from transfer students’ and their guests
- Facilitate campus tours (East Bank, West Bank, and St. Paul)
- Participate in panel discussions and lead workshops
- Perform various duties as assigned throughout Transfer Orientation
- Host students and lead sessions during Welcome Week Transfer Track (Summer) and Transfer Welcome Day (January)
The minimum qualifications for TSLs are:
- Undergraduate transfer students
- 2.5 cumulative GPA and good disciplinary standing
- Knowledge of the U of M transfer process
- A positive attitude about the U of M transfer experience
- Willingness to learn and collaborate on a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Reliability, responsibility, maturity and a proven willingness to help new students
The ideal candidate has the ability to work with individuals from various backgrounds, is customer-service focused, has knowledge of the transfer process, is able to handle multiple tasks, can work in high stress situations, demonstrate flexibility, and has creative problem-solving skills.
What do past TSLs have to say about the position?
"Being a [TSL] has made the biggest impact on my experience here at the U. As a leader I have learned to step outside my comfort zone in order to help incoming transfer students feel at ease during their transition. Being a [TSL] is an unforgettable experience knowing the impact our team has on transfer students and working with a team that has become family." - Alex, 2017 TSL
|February 13, 2019||Application Due||11:59 p.m.|
|February 21 and 22||Interviews|
March 2, 2019
|TSL Kickoff Meeting/Retreat||10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
March 5, 2019
|Spring Trainings||5:00-8:00 p.m. (except 3/13)|
|July 8-12||Summer Training||9:00a.m.-7:00 p.m. daily|
July 16 - 19, 2019
|Transfer Orientation||Rotating Shifts between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.|
|August 22-23, 2019||Welcome Week Transfer Track Training||TBD|
|August 28- September 1||Welcome Week Transfer Track||TBD|
January 9 - 10, 2020
|Transfer Orientation||Rotating shifts between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.|
|January 24, 2020||Transfer Welcome Day||TBD|