The mission of Orientation & Transition Experiences (OTE) is to provide quality transitional experiences that maximize students' potential for personal and academic success. OTE serves over 5,500 incoming freshmen, around 3,000 incoming transfer students, and approximately 6,000 parents of new students.
The OTE Social Media Intern will oversee social media and online interactions during New Student Orientation, Welcome Week, and other first-year programs.
Orientation & Transition Experiences is seeking a social media intern to manage a concentrated focus on social media activity, interaction, and assessment for our programs (Orientation, Welcome Week, etc.). This student will oversee all OTE social media accounts and engagement, create and manage content, and assess and report on the efficacy of all OTE social media efforts. The ideal candidate should have a genuine passion for social media, content strategy, and online engagement.
- Advanced experience using Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube for personal AND professional use.
- Willingness to attend OTE events and programs and post from your mobile device
- Experience using social media analytics
- Ability to create reports and explain results
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to juggle multiple tasks
- An understanding of communication strategy
- Photography and/or videography experience
- A desire to understand current trends in social media and a willingness to recommend new platforms, social media education, etc.
- Genuine enjoyment with online AND face-to-face interactions
- Manage the “Big Picture” plan for all OTE social media efforts
- Execute social media posting and engagement
- Work closely with professional staff and student leaders to encourage engagement, and provide training for staff and students to understand policy, procedures, and expectations
- Update current department social media plan as needed
- Measure and assess the effectiveness of all social media efforts and report back to staff
- Internship starts in May and will go through September 2018 (if you graduate before fall 2018 you are not eligible to apply)
- Hours TBD
- Pay is commensurate with experience
- Applicants must be full-time students in good academic and judicial standing
This position has been filled. If you have questions please contact Bill O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.